If you don't receive a validation code after entering your mobile phone number, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You entered an incorrect number.
- Your mobile carrier is currently blocking some or all text messages and SMS Short Codes.
- You are using a Google Voice number or another secondary messaging service.
- You are using a prepaid phone plan.
Hinge is unable to manually validate your mobile number.
What you can do:
Make sure you're using the latest version of Hinge, make sure you’ve entered your phone number correctly, and try again.
If you've experienced a lock out after a series of failed attempts, you will need to wait 24 hours to reattempt. We are unable to manually override this lock.
If you’re not receiving the verification text, please contact your mobile carrier to ensure that “Message Blocking” is disabled.
Please clarify with your carrier that you are having trouble receiving a PIN via SMS Short Codes. SMS Short Codes are the specific type of text message that we use to send your PIN.
Click on the links below for more information about the major wireless carriers' text blocking policies:
- If the link above doesn't help, please click here for further information on T-Mobile's messaging.