You might not have your Dealbreaker enabled for the preferences that you want to be 'hard' preferences (e.g. we never show you anyone outside those preferences.) Unless they're set to 'Dealbreaker', we prioritize people who fit those preferences but also show you others.
To enable a Dealbreaker:
- Within the Hinge app, navigate to your Profile tab
- Tap Preferences
- Tap the Preference you want to make a Dealbreaker (like Maximum Distance, for example)
- Toggle to enable Is this a dealbreaker?
- Tap on the toggle if you’re an iOS user or the circle if you’re an Android user next to "Is this a dealbreaker?" to make a Preference a Dealbreaker
- Tap < to go back, and you should see the word Dealbreaker next to the Preference you edited
The algorithm will automatically adjust your Discover queue to reflect these specifications.